Charm City

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'll start this off by admitting that as an adoptive Washingtonian these last five years, I had always looked down my nose at Baltimore a little bit.  I thought of it as DC's little sister, a stop on the NE Regional Amtrak and the place where I always got stuck in hours of traffic on I95 North.

View from my office
However, about two months ago I took a job that now has me commuting up to Baltimore two days a week.  In that short time, I have realized how wrong I was in dismissing it.  I know this city has its problems (what city doesn't?) and I certainly have a lot more of it left to explore, but for now let's just say that I understand how it claimed the nickname "Charm City."

Lunch break walking around Inner Harbor
From lovely old architectural details, to a beautiful harbor, to a sidewalk cafe that beckons to me every time I walk by it on my way to Baltimore-Penn, this city has really started to change my mind.  More to come as I get to know it better...happy mid-week everyone!

Meet me here for a crisp glass of wine while the weather is still warm? Please?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger