Study companion

Friday, September 14, 2012

This weekend's agenda consists of studying, studying and more studying.  I am sooo looking forward to walking out of my test next Saturday afternoon and being free from the GMAT at last!


via
In typical fashion, I have left too much to the last minute and the next week will be pretty adrenaline packed.  Luckily, I also have a pretty good track record for pulling things off in tight time frames, which is why this vicious cycle continues.  My dad functions the same way, so at least I come by it honestly. Fortunately, he also passed down a remedy for the stress that accompanies the last minute approach - Lapsang Souchong tea, which he introduced me to in college.  We have the same alma mater and whenever I was about to crack under the pressure of finals and late night paper writing I would sip this tea and think about him doing the same thing in the same place years before. This simple touchstone made me feel far less alone in my struggles and always gave me comfort. The combination of the tea's smoky flavor, the curls of steam rising off a hot cup and this memory still helps to soothe my stress and will definitely be keeping me company this weekend.
 
Happy Friday and I hope your weekends are filled with fun things that don't involve studying!

1 comments:

  1. Oh the wonders of unintended impressions one may make and blessed connections they forge. So often what one intends to convey is deflected without a thought and the unconscious, passive messaging is what sticks.

    ReplyDelete

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger